Friday, March 20, 2020

Creating Art While We Social Distance

K-12 parents/students. I want to start a little drawing activity/challenge for those Abington students that are missing art class (like me). This is aimed at K-12 students, but if parents/grandparents want to participate and get those pencils out also please do. ( I want to stress that this is not an assignment nor graded in any way) Every 3-4 days I'll post a drawing prompt and would you please ask your child/children if they want to take part. No pressure, but thought it would be fun and help pass a little time in a creative manner. Drawing skill is acquired with practice, so just ask them to do their best and have fun with it. At 61, I'm still working on improving my drawing ability. Creativity, playfulness is always more important than skill. They can use any material available and add color if they choose. If possible, please send me a photo of your child's or children's finished drawing with their first name only and grade/age to
mikedirado@abingtonps.org
I will post as many as I can on my blog page or perhaps start a facebook page just for the drawings.
Plus, why not throw in a little art history as well for inspiration. The painting I've attached titled "Golconda" is by the artist Rene Magritte and fits nicely with the prompt. Plus it looks they're practicing social distancing🙂
Drawing prompt #1 "Draw a rainstorm of donuts" 🍩🍩


No comments:

Post a Comment